March 7, 2022
It can be easy to neglect the maintenance needs of your parking lot, that is, until you find yourself dealing with the repercussions of having ignored it. Because as many business owners and facility managers already know, when it comes to your parking lot, it’s not entirely about the aesthetics. Potholes, loose gravel, fading line stripes and oil-slicked surfaces can (and often do) result in costly accidents that could have been easily and affordably prevented.
At Shamrock Paving, we understand that asphalt and parking lot integrity is the last thing on a lot of peoples' minds these days. Still, it’s important to understand what is needed to ensure not only a clean, inviting appearance, but moreover to prevent accidents, injuries and lawsuits that can result as a result of neglect. Here are just a few things to keep in mind when it comes to your parking lot’s maintenance and repairs.
- Have your parking lot inspected by an experienced commercial paving company
- Before having any work done, be sure that your lot is free of any loose debris
- Address any visible flaws, such as cracks or potholes that need to be filled in
- Be 100% sure that your parking lot has adequate drainage to prevent damage
- Power wash to remove any stains from oil, antifreeze or other automotive fluids
- Sealcoating is a smart way to help protect pavement and ensure longer lifespan
- Line re-striping should be conducted every 1-2 years to ensure high visibility
Caring for your company’s parking lot and paved surfaces might seem like a lot of work, but it’s not as bad as many suspect. And considering how costly the alternative can be, it just makes good sense. Shamrock Paving is one of the leading and most trusted commercial asphalt companies in Rochester, and here to help with everything from simple repairs and maintenance to new parking lot development and full resurfacing.